Model, Missile, Sergeant, 1:24
This is a 1:24 scale model of the Sergeant, a U.S. Army surface-to-surface missile based on mobile launch vehicles. It carried a nuclear warhead and had a range of up to 85 miles. First deployed in Western Europe in 1961, it was withdrawn from service the following decade. The Army Ballistic Missile Agency built this model and donated it to NASM in 1961.
Gift of U.S. Army Ordnance Missile Command
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- U.S. Army Ballistic Missile Agency, Redstone Arsenal
- MODELS-Missiles & Rockets
- Missile: 17 3/8" x 2" x 2 1/2"
- Base: 4 15/16" x 4 15/16" x 1 1/2"
- [Prior to 10/3/11]
- Other (missile): 17 x 3in. (43.2 x 7.6cm) 1:24 scale.
- Support (base): 5 x 5in. (12.7 x 12.7cm)