Camera, Aerial, Fairchild F-1, U.S. Navy
This rapid-action, moderately priced automatic camera was used for oblique spotting photography by commercial and military photographers. It used three different length lenses. On the lens is a yellow filter; also displayed are a red filter, film magazine, and empty roller.
Transferred from the U.S. Navy
17 x 11 x 8in.; with post and crosshair sight; Carl Zeiss Tessar 4-5 lens; 1 filter missing. Backplate, 6 roll film magazines, 2 5x7 cut film magazines, 2 filters;1935
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- Fairchild Aerial Camera Corp.
- 3-D: 41 x 31 x 44cm (16 1/8 x 12 3/16 x 17 5/16 in.)
- Other (Filters): 4 3/16in. (10.7cm)
- Other (Film Spools): 2 5/8 x 7 3/16in. (6.6 x 18.2cm)
- Other (Plate Magazines): 10 1/4 x 2 9/16 x 6 5/16in. (26 x 6.5 x 16cm)