Satellite, Explorer, Antenna Ring Section
This is an antenna ring for an early Explorer spacecraft, with four attached braided antennae. It acted as the coupling between the payload section and the final stage of the launch system. It was built by the Jet Propulsion Laboratory and is complete, non-flight hardware.
The antenna system was transferred to NASM in February 1975.
Transferred from the National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- SPACECRAFT-Unmanned-Parts & Structural Components
- Phenolic Resin, Steel, Aluminum, Plastic, Copper, Rubber, Cadmium, Ink
- Overall (Body): 6 1/4in. x 5in. (15.88 x 12.7cm)
- Other (Antennae): 1ft 10 1/2in. (57.15cm)
- Overall: 3ft 4 1/2in. x 2ft 5in. x 5in. (102.87 x 73.66 x 12.7cm)