The AN-H-15 helmet was introduced as the standard summer or light weight for the Army Air Force and Navy on April 23, 1943. It served as the replacement for the Type A-9 flying helmet. It was the first flying helmet designed under the joint Army/Navy procurement program.
Transferred from the United States Air Force Museum
United States Army Air Force Type AN-H-15 Summer flying helmet; khaki cotton helmet; black rubber earphones with Shure Brothers Type ANB-H-1 Receiver with embossed letter text (see inscriptions for full text); brown rubberized cotton insulated patch cord from each headphone with red plastic platch plug; chamois padding on the inside of the earphones; cow hide chin strap with chamois chin pad; brass hooks for oxygen mask; chin strap buckle and four snaps on left side of helmet attached to cow hide reinforcing strip; two snaps and oxygen mask hook attached to reinforcing cow hide strip; Manufacturer's tag with embroidered gold lettering sewn in back inside of helmet (see marks for full text); black stenciled Army Air Forces winged star insignia on left crown of helmet; black numeral stencil "B-1873" on crown of helmet.