Model, Mars Electric Launch Vehicle
This is a model of uknown scale of the Mars Electric Launch Vehicle. It was investigated by NASA in the 1960s and 1970s as one of several possible lauch vehicles that could be used in a crewed mission to Mars. However, it was never built.
NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center built the model and transferred it to the Museum in 1975.
Transferred from Marshall Space Flight Center
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
- MODELS-Missiles & Rockets
- Plastic, Adhesive, Paint
- S-N[Stage III]: 18" x 4 1/16" Diameter
- Stage II: 11 7/8" x 4 1/8" Diameter [due to buldges on the second stage]
- [Prior to 10/5/11]
- Upper stage is 19 inches long and 4 inches in diameter. Lower stage is 12 inches long and 4 inches in diameter.