Instrument Panel, Trainer, Command Module, Apollo
This instrument panel was installed in the Command Module Simulator (CMS) that was used for training by the astronauts at the Kennedy Space Center.
Most of the controls and displays for the spacecraft were located on the main instrument panel facing the three crew members when they were seated in the crew couches. Controls, switches and displays for piloting the spacecraft and for monitoring and controlling the performance of all systems were located on various panels located inside the crew compartment, with the main panel measuring approximately 7 feet long and 3 feet high.
It was removed from the CMS and transferred from NASA to the Smithsonian for display in 1975.
Transferred from the NASA - Kennedy Space Center
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- North American Aviation Inc.
- SPACECRAFT-Manned-Instruments & Payloads
- Overall: Steel, aluminum, plastic, glass
- 3-D: 209.6 x 20.3 x 88.3cm (82 1/2 x 8 x 34 3/4 in.)
- The Apollo Command Module Main Control Panel