Stamp, Apollo-Soyuz Test Project, 20 Kopeks
This stamp 20-kopek stamp illustrates the flight of the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project (ASTP) in July 1975 with a drawing by the Soviet Soyuz Commander, Aleksei Leonov. During the ASTP mission, an American Apollo and Soviet Soyuz spacecraft docked in orbit above the Earth. This mission culminated several years of planning and cooperation between the two countries after 30 years of space competition. It was not for twenty years that both sides would undertake another international docking mission.
The Soviet military attaché gave this item to the museum.
Gift of USSR Embassy
- Country of Origin
- Aleksei Arkhipovich Leonov
- Donald K. Slayton
- Thomas P. Stafford
- Valerii Kubasov, 1935-2014
- Vance D. Brand
- LITERATURE AND RESEARCH-Philately
- 2-D - Unframed (H x W): 5.7 × 2.7cm (2 1/4 × 1 1/16 in.)
- Storage: 10.8 × 7.8 × 5.1cm (4 1/4 × 3 1/16 × 2 in.)