Glove, Manned Orbiting Laboratory, Right
This glove is part of a pair was constructed by the Hamilton Standard Corporation for the US Air Force, MOL (Manned Orbiting Laboratory) program in the early 1960s. The MOL program was an Air Force intelligence-gathering program that never became operational. The Air Force and NASA cooperated on this program, and after the termination of the project, the suits and gloves were transferred to NASA and in turn to the Smithsoinain Institution.
The gloves were made with a rubber/neoprene interior bladder, with nylon exterior layer and sharkskin pads on the fingers.
Transferred from NASA in 1972
Transferred from NASA, Johnson Space Center.
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- Hamilton Standard
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Handwear
- Exterior: Nylon, polyester, sharkskin, velcro, aluminum
- Interior: Rubber/neoprene
- Wrist disconnect: Anodized aluminium
- 3-D: 26.7 x 11.4 x 11.4cm (10 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 in.)