Life Vest, Dual, Apollo 11
This life vest was part of the emergency equipment carried aboard Apollo 11 in July 1969.
Life vests were part of the emergency survival equipment issued to astronauts during the Apollo program. The unit was worn around the upper torso, with straps over the shoulder, and fastened with a buckle in the front. Upon leaving the spacecraft, the two vests would have been deployed.
NASA transferred this vest to NASM 1979.
Transferred from NASA - Johnson Space Center
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- B. Welson & Co.
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Life Support
- Harness: Beta Cloth Nylon
- Straps: Nylon/Polyester webbing
- Buckles, Grommets: Steel
- Other: Plastic, rubber, metal
- 3-D: 106.7 x 10.2 x 6.4cm (42 x 4 x 2 1/2 in.)