Pressure Suit, G3-C, McDivitt, Training
This G3-C spacesuit was made for and worn by astronaut James McDivitt during training sessions prior to the Gemini 4 mission in June, 1965.
The training suit was identical to the suit worn during the mission, and like that suit, this one was made from high-temperature (HT) nylon (Nomex), permitted freedom of movement, and was equipped with communication and bio-medical transmission equipment.
NASA - Johnson Space Center transferred this suit to the musuem in 1983.
Transferred from NASA - Johnson Space Center
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Pressure Suits
- Exterior: HT nylon
- Zippers: Cotton, brass, rubber/neoprene
- Interior: Neoprene-coated nylon
- Connectors, fittings and disconnects: Anodized aluminum
- Overall: 60.96 x 22.86 x 152.4cm (2ft x 9in. x 5ft)