Coat, Service, United States Army
This is a standard issue M1912/1917 United States Army Air Service uniform coat worn by Chauffer 1st Class Forest Larkin Berry who served in Toul France with the 278th Aero Squadron, A.E.F.
Donated by Allie Johnson
United States Army Air Service (USAAS) Type M1912/1917 officer's uniform coat; single breasted drab wool with five brass buttons down front; two upper patch pockets and two lower patch pockets with brass buttoned flap; stiff or "choker" collar; single gold officer's lace on each cuff; epaulets; two overseas service chevrons on left cuff; 3rd Army Aviation insignia on left shoulder.
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Uniforms: Military
- Overall: Wool, synthetic fabric, felt, brass
- Clothing: 77.5 x 82.6 x 5.1cm (30 1/2 x 32 1/2 x 2 in.)
- Other (Sleeve): 61cm (24 in.)
- Other (Shoulder): 40.6cm (16 in.)