Country of Origin: United States of America
Overall: 32.39 x 22.86 x 13.97cm, 3.7kg (1ft 3/4in. x 9in. x 5 1/2in., 8.2lb.)
Steel rotor, bolts, and pipe projecting from bottom; threaded alumninum shaft at end; some copper components also
This is a centrifugal pump designed and made by U.S. rocket pioneer Robert H. Goddard for forcing the propellants into the combustion chamber of a rocket motor. Most likely its dates from ca. 1938-1941, when he worked at his test site at Roswell, New Mexico, on his so-called P-Series, or pump series of rocket motors. The object was donated to the Smithsonian by the Daniel and Florence Guggenheim Foundation for the Promotion of Aeronautics in 1985.
Daniel & Florence Guggeneheim Foundation