Detector, Ultraviolet, Aerobee
This is a detector system for a UV photometer for non-solar sources flown in Aerobee rockets from 1955 through the early 1960's. The parts include the mirror, calcium fluoride filter, and gas gain ionization chamber. This artifact is part of a collection of high energy detectors from the Naval Research Laboratory (see A19880001000-19880017000).
It was transferred to NASM in 1987 and is currently stored at the Garber facility.
Transferred from the Naval Research Laboratory
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- Naval Research Laboratory
- Mixed metals, glass, calcium fluoride
- Lithium fluoride
- 3-D (Cell): 2.5 x 1.9cm (1 x 3/4 in.)
- 3-D (Mirror): 1.9 x 15.2cm (3/4 x 6 in.)
- 3-D (Filer): 2.5 x 1.3cm (1 x 1/2 in.)