This is a set of six Type A model rocket motors manufactured in the United States by Model Missiles, Inc. and packaged for retail sale. They are made of pasteboard and contain non-explosive propellant. Made in 1958, they were the first mass-produced motors for retail sale. Each motor can be used only once.
G. Harry Stine donated this artifact to NASM in 1973.
Gift of G. Harry Stine