This is a set of six Type A4 model rocket motors packaged for retail sale. They are made of pasteboard and contain non-explosive propellant. Made in 1959 by Estes Manufacturing and packaged and marketed by Model Missiles, Inc., they were the first commercially-produced motors. Each can be used only once.
G. Harry Stine donated this artifact to NASM in 1973.
Gift of G. Harry Stine