This is an unasembled flying model rocket kit in its original box. Made by Model Missiles, the kit is based on the Arcon sounding rocket. The rocket body is pasteboard, the nose cone is plastic, the fins are balsa wood, and the parachute is plastic. The kit also contains three motors and a wooden launch stand.
G. Harry Stine, a pioneer in the field of model rockets, donated this artifact to NASM in 1973.
Gift of G. Harry Stine
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- Model Missiles, Inc.
- MODELS-Missiles & Rockets
- Retail and interior boxes, body tube: Cardboard
- Base peices, fin: Wood (fin is balsa wood)
- Parachute, motor mount, red piece in nose cone: Plastic
- Instructions, parachute papers: Paper
- Guide rod, jet deflector plate: Steel
- Staple, nail: Iron
- Telescoping launching rail tube, launching lug: Aluminum
- Shroud line: Cotton
- Motors: Paper, Adhesive, Ceramic
- Shock cord: Rubber
- Nose cone: Vinyl
- Decal, Adhesive tape discs: Paper, Adhesive
- Other (box): 4 1/8 x 18 3/8 x 1 5/8 in., 0.4kg (10.5 x 46.7 x 4.1cm, 7/8lb.)