Rocket, Flying Model Kit, Astron X-Ray
This is an unassembled Astron X-Ray flying rocket model built by Estes Industries. It has a pasteboard and plastic body, balsa nosecone and fins, and a plastic parachute. A solid propellant rocket motor propels the model, and then at the end of the vertical flight it forces the release of a parachute. The model is then retrieved and can be used again. Not included in this kit are the motor, the launch controller that is used to ignite the motor, and the launch pad from which the model is launched. This model was donated by G. Harry Stine, one of the American pioneers in the hobby of flying models.
Gift of G. Harry Stine
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- Estes Industries, Inc.
- MODELS-Missiles & Rockets
- Model has pasteboard and clear plastic body, balsa nose and fins, and a plastic parachute with string shrouds. Paper instructions inside a paper and plastic retail package.
- 12" x 3 7/8" x 1 1/4" (updated 10/20/2011)
- Overall (model): 16 3/4 in. long x 3/4 in. body diameter (42.55 x 1.91cm)
- Other (retail package): 1 in. high x 9 in. long x 4 in. wide (2.5 x 22.9 x 10.2cm)