This green and blue plastic Captain Video "supersonic space ship" made by the Lido toy company was designed to be used with the Superior Space Port (also known as the Captain Video Space Port). The metal space-theme fort with its associated plastic vehicles and space men (and aliens) was merchandise for "Captain Video and His Video Rangers," a weekly television show that aired on the DuMont network from 1949-1956. "Captain Video" was considered the U.S.'s and world's first television show with a space flight theme. Lido's plastic toys were also sold separately in boxes decorated with images of Captain Video.
Collector Michael O'Harro donated this toy to the National Collection in 1993.
Gift of Michael O'Harro