This dark green plastic Captain Video "Interplanetary Space Man" made by the Lido toy company was designed to be used with the Superior Space Port (also known as the Captain Video Space Port). These alien figures could be used in playing with the metal space-theme fort and its associated plastic vehicles and space men. All of the pieces were merchandise related to "Captain Video and His Video Rangers," a weekly television show that aired on the DuMont network from 1949-1956. "Captain Video" was considered the U.S.'s and world's first television show with a space flight theme. Lido's plastic toys were also sold separately in boxes decorated with images of Captain Video.
Collector Michael O'Harro donated this toy to the Museum in 1993.
Gift of Michael O'Harro, Restrictions Unknown