Kit, EMU Maintenance, Apollo 11
This kit was part of the equipment issued to the Apollo astronauts for use in the event minor repairs to the spacesuit became necessary. The kit contains cloth tape, exterior patches, bladder sealant material, extra gaskets, etc.
Kits such as this were carried aboard all spacecraft and lunar modules during the Apollo and skylab missions. This kit was flown aboard the Apollo 11 mission in July 1969, and was transferred to the National Air and Space Museum from NASA in 1972.
Transferred from NASA/JSC
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- ILC Industries Inc.
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Miscellaneous
- Beta Cloth
- Stainless Steel
- Synthetic Fabric
- Container - beta cloth, polyester, plastic, Velcro
- Container contents - plastic, rubber
- 3-D (Open): 33 × 35.6 × 3.8cm (13 × 14 × 1 1/2 in.)
- Kit, EMU Maintenance, Apollo 11