This personal dosimeter was flown on the Apollo 11 in July 1969 and used by command module pilot Michael Collins. Dosimeters were designed to measure the cumulative radiation dose each astronaut received during the course of the mission.
Transferred from NASA to the National Air and Space Museum in 1972.
Transferred from NASA
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- General Dynamics, Ft. Worth Division
- Michael Collins
- National Air and Space Museum, Washington, DC
- Apollo to the Moon
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Medical
- Overall: aluminum, plastic, glass
- Overall: 3 1/8 in. long x 2 3/16 in. wide x 13/16 in. deep (7.9 x 5.6 x 2.1cm)