This is a model of unknown scale of the U.S. Air Force MB-1 air-to-air missile, also known as the Genie. Built by Douglas Aircraft, the MB-1 was an unguided missile that carried a nuclear warhead and had a range of about 6 miles. It was deployed on Air Force fighters in the 1960s.
The model's manufacturer is unknown. John and Cynthia Heyde donated it to the museum.
Gift of John S. and Cynthia H. Heyde.
- Country of Origin
- United States of America
- MODELS-Missiles & Rockets
- Plastic, Paint, Paper, Adhesive
- Overall (Assembled Model): 5 1/4in. x 2 7/16in. x 3 1/8in. (13.34 x 6.19 x 7.94cm)
- Overall (Missile): 5 3/8in. x 1 1/4in. x 1 1/4in. (13.65 x 3.18 x 3.18cm)
- Overall (Vertical Part of Base): 2 5/8in. x 2 1/8in. x 3/16in. (6.67 x 5.4 x 0.48cm)
- Overall (Base): 5 1/4in. x 2 7/16in. x 1/4in. (13.34 x 6.19 x 0.64cm)
- Overall (Cards (1)): 5in. x 4in. (12.7 x 10.16cm)