Model, Missile, Patriot Advanced Capability-2 (PAC-2) (GEM) +
This is a full-scale model of the Patriot Advanced Capability-2 (PAC-2) Guidance Enhanced Missile + (GEM +), a U.S. Army one-stage, solid-fuel, ground-launched interceptor designed to destroy tactical ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, or aircraft with a conventional high-explosive warhead. With a maximum speed of over 3,500 mph, it operates between 1.5 and 20 miles altitude and a range in excess of 60 miles. The Patriot PAC-2 GEM +, with an improved warhead and missile acquisition and tracking system, was built by Raytheon and entered service in 2002. It was used during Operation Iraqi Freedom.
ProtoVision made this model and Raytheon donated it to NASM in 2006.
Gift of the Raytheon Company
- Country of Origin
- United States
- ProtoVision, Inc.
- MODELS-Missiles & Rockets
- Missile is plastic and metal
- Stand and stand support are metal
- Overall (missile): 19ft x 2ft 10in. (579.12 x 86.36cm)
- Overall (stand base): 4in. x 7ft 1in. x 8ft 8in. (10.16 x 215.9 x 264.16cm)
- Overall (stand support): 3ft 1in. x 1ft (93.98 x 30.48cm)