Model, Rocket, Ares I, 1:34
This is a 1:34 scale model of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration's Ares 1 rocket with an Orion capsule. The Ares 1 is the first rocket that will be used in the Constellation program, designed to launch astronauts to the Moon and beyond in the Orion capsule after 2010. Its first stage uses modified Space Shuttle solid-propellant motors. The first flight test of the Ares 1 is scheduled for 2009.
With monies from Lockheed-Martin and ATK, NASM purchased the model and case from Guard-Lee.
Purchased by NASM with anonymous donations.
- Country of Origin
- United States
- Guard Lee
- MODELS-Missiles & Rockets
- Metal, plastic, paint, decals
- Overall: 299.72 x 20.32cm (9ft 10in. x 8in.)
- Overall: 314.96 x 88.9 x 88.9cm (10ft 4in. x 2ft 11in. x 2ft 11in.)
- Storage: 10 ft. 4 in. × 19 in. × 25 in. (315 × 48.3 × 63.5cm)