Arm Bag, Sokol KV-2, Thagard
This arm bag belongs to the spacesuit that NASA astronaut Norman Thagard wore during the launch on board Soyuz TM-21 on March 14, 1995 enroute to the Mir Space station as a member of the Mir 18 Mission (3/14/95-7/7/95). Dr. Thagard was the first American to participate in a joint Russian-American human flight mission since the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project in 1975. He is also the first American to launch on board a Soyuz spacecraft.
Astronauts used the bag to protect the arm rings on the Sokol KV-2 (Falcon) pressure suit from damage during their stay on board a space station. Each bag is clearly labeled with the Russian word for arm.
NASA transferred this to the Museum in 1996.
Transferred from NASA
- Country of Origin
- Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
- PERSONAL EQUIPMENT-Pressure Suits-Parts & Structural Components
- Synthetic Fabric
- BAG - BLUE-GRAY SYNTHETIC DOUBLE KNIT BAG
- CORD - SYNTHETIC BRAIDED PULL CORD
- Other: 11 1/4 x 6 1/2 x 3/4 in. (28.6 x 16.5 x 1.9cm)