This toy gun, the 33 Repeater, was first introduced in 1935 by All Metal Products of Wyandotte, Michigan, which manufactured the toy through 1941. The red, stamped-metal gun used a cork inside the toy to produce the "popping" sound. Approximately ten years later, probably in the midst of WWII, All Metal Products produced a new version of the toy -- then called the "ZZ Ray" gun -- with a red, white, and blue design painted on the flared mouth of the toy gun's barrel.
Michael O'Harro gave this toy gun to the National Collection in 1997 as a part of a large donation of space science fiction objects.
Gift of Michael O'Harro