The German Army and Navy experimental station at Peenemunde, on the North Sea coast of Germany, was established in the mid-1930s to continue the rocketry work begun at Kummersdorf in 1930. By the end of World War II (1939-1945) the research station produced a number of successful weapons, including the first surface-to-surface guided missile (V-1), the first ballistic missile (V-2), and the first operational air-to-surface missile (He 293), as well as other designs. The equipment developed at Peenemunde formed the basis for postwar research and designs by both the United States and the Soviet Union.
This collection consists of documents in the Peenemunde Archiv 66 series. The material cover a wide variety of rocketry-related subjects, including thermodynamics, propulsion, and guidance.
2.18 cubic feet (2 records center boxes)