The German Army and Navy experimental station at Peenemunde, on the North Sea coast of Germany, was established in the mid-1930s to continue the rocketry work begun at Kummersdorf in 1930. By the end of World War II (1939-1945) the research station produced a number of successful weapons, including the first surface-to-surface guided missile (V-1), the first ballistic missile (V-2), and the first operational air-to-surface missile (He 293), as well as other designs. The equipment developed at Peenemunde formed the basis for postwar research and designs by both the United States and the Soviet Union.
This collection consists of original Peenemunde Archiv reports related to aerodynamics and vehicle design and performance. The materials all passed through the technical library at Fort Bliss.
2.18 cubic feet (2 records center boxes)