The Curtiss-Wright Corporation was formed in 1929 by the merger of Curtiss Aeroplane and Motor Company and Wright Aeronautical Corporation. This corporation, important to aircraft history, ceased airframe production in 1951, but still exists to this day.
The Curtiss-Wright Corporation Archives - Patent Files collection consists primarily of materials relating to patents issued to and maintained by the Curtiss-Wright Corporation and its subsidiaries from the 1910s to the 1950s, though the bulk of the materials pre-date World War II. The majority of the collection is original patent certificates. Other materials include records of litigation proceedings, correspondence, memoranda, aircraft drawings and blueprints, sales brochures, meeting minutes, and reports for the U.S. Navy Bureau of Aeronautics.
8.1 cubic feet (18 boxes)