Aerobee 150 was refined from an earlier version, Aerobee-Hi, and
first flown in 1955. It had a liquid-propellant main stage atop
a solid-propellant booster and was about twice the size of a WAC
Corporal. It could deliver a 68-kilogram (150-pound) payload to
an altitude of 275 kilometers (170 miles).
Aerobee 150 was reconstructed from parts transferred from the Naval
Ordnance Test Facility at White Sands Missile Range and from NASA's
Goddard Space Flight Center.