The Wright Cycle Co. did business
in five different locations on the west side of Dayton between
1892 and 1897. The brothers quickly expanded their enterprise
from rental and repair to a sales shop carrying more than
a dozen brands.
Go to Wrights' Cycle Production
and Sales >>
By the mid-1890s, Dayton had more than two dozen bicycle shops.
With competition growing stiff, Wilbur and Orville decided
to manufacture their own line in 1895 and introduced their
first model the following year.