In 1934 the Naval Aircraft Factory in Philadelphia was tasked to manufacture a new primary trainer for the U.S. Navy. Following successful tests, this little biplane trainer was built in both land and seaplane versions.
Image Number: WEB12747-2013
Credit: Image by Dane Penland, National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian Institution
For print or commercial use please see our permissions page.