The Air Service transferred the T-2 to the Smithsonian in 1924, where it went on display in the famous “tin shed” behind the Castle. Museum personnel restored the airplane in the 1960s. The T-2 has been on display in the museum since it opened in 1976.
Image Number: SI-A-18511-G
Credit: National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian Institution
For print or commercial use please see our permissions page.