Mutual Concerns of Air and Space Museums
at the Museum of Flight
Saturday, April 27th – Tuesday, April 30th, 2013
Optional Field trips are being planned for Wednesday, May 1 and Thursday, May 2
Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
The Museum of Flight
The world's top aviation and space museums will be meeting this spring at the Mutual Concerns of Air and Space Museums Conference. This unique, popular annual gathering brings together museum professionals to share their challenges and successes, learn about different and new approaches in their field, and seek better ways of doing business.
This year the meeting is in Seattle, Washington. Participants worldwide are looking forward to the annual event at this venue and are making their plans to attend. We'd like to invite you to become an exhibitor at this prestigious event.
The event draws over 150 participants from over 100 of the finest museums across the globe, as well as a number of small and growing institutions looking for support and ideas.
The conference includes a "Marketplace," which features a small group of exhibitors who offer expertise, goods, and services to the museum community. Each year, we look forward to seeing the familiar faces of our loyal exhibitors to hear about their latest offerings and innovations. We also seek out a limited number of new exhibitors, so our attendees can learn about different services every year they attend.
For those of you who have not been part of the Marketplace, we keep the number of exhibitors and sponsors low, usually at about 8 to 15. There are also several different levels of participation. See Exhibit & Sponsor Fees and Benefits.
The Marketplace begins with the big event on Saturday at the Red Lion Hotel where all exhibitors and sponsors are invited to set up a table to display their best wares and meet our participants. The next three session days of the conference are at the Museum of Flight. Sponsors and Benefactors to the Marketplace are invited to set up their tables at the Museum, as well as attend the conference. Exhibitor level participants are invited to attend the conference sessions and provide pamphlets or handouts for the Conference’s shared information space. Full details can be found at the Exhibit & Sponsor Fees and Benefits.
Exhibitors, Sponsors, and Benefactors are all encouraged to get to know our attendees throughout the conference and we will make sure there is ample time for attendees and Marketplace participants to meet and talk in a relaxed atmosphere.
Areas of Interest to Participants
-- web site development
-- e-commerce and e-newsletters
-- corporate events
-- retail sales
-- increasing membership, donations and attendance
-- attraction-based exhibits
-- interactive device development
-- artifact and collections management
-- conservation and restoration
-- exhibit design, lighting, acoustics, and fabrication
-- new technologies
-- professional consulting
Joining the Marketplace
If you have a product or service that would interest conference participants, please review this detailed information, which will help you decide if you want to apply to be a Benefactor, Sponsor, or Exhibitor. All exhibitors are encouraged to attend the conference sessions to gain insight into the wants and needs of the air and space museum community, and gather ideas for working with them.
You will find our fees are reasonable for exhibiting and sponsoring at the basic level. You will also find that being an event sponsor or benefactor is a great bargain for the opportunities offered.
Marketplace Fees and Benefits
$1,200 - Information Sharing Exhibitor Table receive the following benefits:
- Company name, contact information and description will be featured in the conference materials.
- Exhibit table for Saturday evening reception at the Red Lion Hotel.
- Space on the information tables for pamphlets and handouts during the conference Sunday through Tuesday at the Museum of Flight.
- One free conference pass admittance to all sessions, meals, and social events; one additional company representative may attend the Saturday evening reception.
- Exhibit space is 6’ draped, table, and two chairs. Logistics and set-up information will be provided in separate correspondence after registration is confirmed. Internet connection and audiovisual rental available for additional, reasonable fees.
$1,700 - Sponsors receive the following benefits:
- All the Exhibitor benefits above.
- Extra exhibiting time: the Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday conference sessions at the Museum of Flight. Sponsors may choose to exhibit at any or all of the times above.
- Prominent listing as a sponsor in participant materials and formal announcement at the conference of your sponsorship.
- Up to two company representatives may attend the Saturday evening reception.
- SEE OUR EARLYBIRD $1,500 OFFER TO SPONSORS on the EXHIBITOR AND SPONSOR FORM.
$2,500 - Event Sponsors receive the following benefits::
- All the Sponsor benefits above.
- The opportunity to give a three-minute introduction about your company to our participants.
- A pamphlet or brochure about your company can be included in our registration material.
- Up to two free conference passes for exhibiting and admittance to all sessions, meals, and social events; and one additional company representative may attend the Saturday evening reception.
$5,000 - Event Benefactors receive the following benefits:
- All Event Sponsor benefits above.
- The opportunity to make a 10-minute audiovisual presentation about your company to participants.
- A pamphlet or brochure about your company can be included in our registration package.
- Up to three free conference passes for exhibiting and admittance to all conference sessions, meals, and social events; and two additional company representatives are provided access to the Sunday evening reception.
Submit your request for space by completing and faxing the Exhibitor and Sponsor form to 202-357-4579 or contact Jean DeStefano via e-mail or phone (202-633-2388) with any questions. Spaces are limited.
We're looking forward to hosting a great selection of companies at this year's Marketplace!
Manager, Lectures and Seminars
National Air and Space Museum
Mutual Concerns of Air and Space Museums Home