Visitor Services Volunteer Program
Are you a people person? Are you looking for a new experience that is both exciting and fun? We are seeking friendly and enthusiastic people (16 years or older) to become part of our dynamic volunteer team.
What is Visitor Services?
Visitor Services (VS) Volunteers are a readily accessible source of information -- with a personal touch -- for every visitor at the National Air and Space Museum. The VS mission is to ensure that each visitor’s experience at the museum is enjoyable. VS Volunteers answer questions, give directions, and otherwise equip visitors with knowledge about the museum through direct and personal interaction.
Please Note: Volunteer appointment for applicants 18 years and older will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a pre-appointment background check and subsequent background investigation.
Benefits As A Program Participant
Benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- Access to special lectures, events, and training about/on the museum's collections.
- Discounts at Museum Stores, select food court areas, and on Imax and Planetarium shows.
- Discounts at select nearby museums and institutions.
- Behind-the-scenes perspective of the world's most visited museum.
- Flexibility to work at both locations (transportation can be provided if needed from one location to the other).
- Free parking at the Udvar-Hazy Center and limited parking at the National Mall Building.
Contact and Application Information
For additional information about the Visitor Services program, please contact us:
Phone: 703-572-4118 and 202-633-2214
Online Visitor Services Volunteer Application Form
Download Visitor Services Volunteer Application
If you choose to download the PDF application, please fill it out completely (attach resume if available) and return by email, fax, or US
Visitor Services Program
National Air and Space Museum
Independence Avenue at Sixth Street SW
MRC 310 PO Box 37012
Washington DC 20013-7012
Applications will be reviewed and you will be contacted by a Visitor Services representative to arrange for an in-person interview within one week of receipt of your application. We
want to make the best decision for the quality and benefit of both the program and the volunteers, therefore, submitting a completed application doesn’t guarantee admittance into the