Friday, July 13, 2012
10 am - 3 pm
National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC
MARS DAY! is an annual National Air and Space Museum event that celebrates the Red Planet with a variety of educational and fun family activities. Visitors can also talk to scientists active in Mars research and learn about current and future missions.
This annual celebration of the Red Planet took place on July 13, 2012. This year's event featured the following:
- One-on-one interaction with Museum scientists, as well as scientists from the National Museum of Natural History and NASA, who are active in Mars research and mission planning.
- Real meteorite from Mars.
- Experts on the Curiosity rover that will soon land on the Red Planet.
- Amazingly detailed images from the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter and views of the surface of the planet in 3-D.
- Hands-on educational activities about the geology of Mars and more.
Mars Day! was made possible by the generous support of BAE Systems.