This object is on display in the Boeing Aviation Hangar at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center.
Charles and Anne Lindbergh used this camera, a popular model of its day, during archeological surveys of Pueblo ruins in the Southwest and Mayan ruins in Mexico in 1929. Flying a Curtiss D-12 Falcon, the Lindberghs explored and photographed the Canyon de Chelly area in New Mexico and found several Indian ruins hidden from ground view. During the Lindbergh-Carnegie Maya Expedition, they located unknown Mayan ruins in Mexico. Both surveys highlighted the value of aviation and aerial photography to archeological research in remote areas.
Donated by Juan T. Trippe
Country of Origin: United States of America
Dimensions: 5 1/2 x 9 1/2 x 8 in. (14 x 24.1 x 20.3 cm)
Physical Description:Brown box, with Taylor-Hobson lens; cook anastimat sn#157701,6.5in
Inventory number: A19791497000