Today's Hours: 10:00 am to 6:30 pm
14390 Air and Space Museum Parkway Chantilly, Virginia 20151
Located south of Washington Dulles International Airport along Route 28, about 1/2 mile north of the intersection of Routes 28 and 50.
View Larger Map
From Washington, DC, and points south: Take I-66 West to Route 28 North (Exit 53B): Travel on Route 28 North for 5.3 miles. Exit at Air and Space Museum Parkway and follow the signs to the Udvar-Hazy Center.
From Washington, DC, and points north: Take I-495 West (Capital Beltway) to the Dulles Toll Road West (Route 267). Exit the toll road at Route 28 South (Exit 9A) and travel south 3.5 miles. Exit at Air and Space Museum Parkway and follow the signs to the Udvar-Hazy Center.
From points west: Take I-66, Route 29, or Route 50 East to Route 28 North.
Parking:Public parking is $15.
Parking Refunds: Refunds are available if you are just dropping off or picking up passengers. All drivers will be required to pay the $15 parking fee and will receive a time stamped parking ticket. After passenger(s) are dropped off at the Museum entrance, the driver may return to the parking gate house and receive a full refund upon exit. This must occur within 30 minutes of the time stamped on the ticket. Visitors returning to the parking gate house after the 30 minute drop off period will not be eligible for a parking refund.
Free Parking is Available For:
All cars arriving after 4:00 pm.
All buses (the parking lot accommodates 28 buses)
Bag Storage:The Udvar-Hazy Center has lockers in two sizes. The smaller lockers accommodate small bags (such as backpacks) and coats; the larger lockers are 12" wide, 17" deep, and 29" tall, and accommodate most carry-on size bags. If you have baggage that does not fit in the lockers provided, you will be asked to carry your bags with you.
Depending on your point of departure, you may need to use a combination of public transportation options to reach the Udvar-Hazy Center. Please consult transportation operators for the latest routes, schedules, and fares.
From the Museum in DC:
- Exit Museum at Independence Ave.
- Cross intersection; turn right onto Maryland Ave. and walk one block to the L'Enfant Plaza Metro station.
- Take Metro Silver Line to Wiehle-Reston East station. Fares paid with metrorail passes or SmarTrip cards.
- Transfer to Fairfax Connector Bus No. 983. Bus fares paid with SmarTrip card or cash. Bus drivers do not carry change.
- Exit bus at Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center stop.
The trip takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
From Washington Dulles International Airport to the Udvar-Hazy Center in VA:
- From Ground Transportation, take Fairfax Connector No. 983 one stop to Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. Bus fares paid with SmarTrip card or cash. Bus drivers do not carry change.
- From Northern Virginia: Fairfax Connector provides connecting bus service between Washington Dulles International Airport, Reston Town Center Transit station, Wiehle-Reston East Metro station, Herdon-Monroe Park and Ride, and the Udvar-Hazy Center. Bus fares paid with SmarTrip card or cash. Bus drivers do not carry change. Schedules, fares, and information are available on the Fairfax Connector No. 983 website.
Washington Flyer also provides private bus service between select Metrorail stations and Washington Dulles International Airport.
From Major Airports
Baltimore Washington International Airport (BWI)
Distance: 61.4 miles
Public Transportation: No direct service. Connecting options include Amtrak/Marc Rail (BWI station), Metrobus, taxi and shuttle services.
Airport Website: BWI Airport
Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD)
Distance: 2.5 miles
Public Transportation: From Ground Transportation, take Fairfax Connector No. 983 one stop to Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center. Bus fares paid with SmarTrip card or cash. Bus drivers do not carry change.
Taxi: Rate average $14 to $15 (subject to change without notice; please call taxi service for latest rates)
Airport Website: Washington Area Airports
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA)
Distance: 33 miles
Public Transportation: Take Metro Blue Line to Rosslyn and transfer to the Metro Silver Line. Take the Silver Line to Wiehle-Reston East station. Fares paid with metrorail passes or SmarTrip cards. Transfer to Fairfax Connector Bus No. 983. Exit bus at Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center stop. Bus fares paid by SmarTrip card or cash. Bus drivers do not carry change.
Airport Website: Washington Area Airports
Flying to the Udvar-Hazy Center
Fly your own plane into Washington Dulles International Airport, Leesburg Executive Airport, or other nearby fields. All are just minutes away from the Udvar-Hazy Center and provide a full complement of FBOs and car rental services.
Complete flight planning information is available from the
Virginia Department of Aviation.