Books Written by Museum Staff
- Pluto's Secret: An Icy World's Tale of Discovery, by curators Margaret Weitekamp and David DeVorkin, with educator Diane Kidd, illustrator
- Spacefarers: Images of Astronauts and Cosmonauts in the Heroic Era of Spaceflight, edited by Space History curator Michael Neufeld, with contributions from curators Margaret Weitekamp and Valerie Neal, former Department of Space History fellows James Spiller and Matthew Hersch, and other space historians
- Analyzing Art and Aesthetics. The ninth volume of the Artefacts series, edited by National Portrait Gallery curator Anne Collins Goodyear and curator Margaret Weitekamp
- Alaska and the Airplane, A Century of Flight, by Aeronautics curator Jeremy Kinney and Anchorage Museum curator Julie Decker, photographs by Eric Long. This book accompanies the Anchorage Museum's exhibition, Arctic Flight: A Century of Alaska Aviation, which was created in collaboration with the National Air and Space Museum.
- Exploring the Solar System: The History and Science of Planetary Exploration, associate director of Collections and Curatorial Affairs Roger Launius, editor
- Space Shuttle Legacy: How We Did It and What We Learned, edited by associate director of Collections and Curatorial Affairs Roger Launius, John Krige, and James I. Craig
- Reissue: The Rocket and the Reich: Peenemünde and the Coming of the Ballistic Missile Era, by Department of Space History curator Michael Neufeld. Paperback reissue and e-book edition.
- Americaâ€™s Hangar, Fourth Edition, by writer-editor David Romanowski and curator Dik Daso