Aeromarine-40 Flying Boat Propeller, Fixed-Pitch, Two-Blade, Wood

The Aeromarine-40 was a biplane flying boat produced by the Aeromarine Plane and Motor Corporation of Keyport, New Jersey, and powered a by a single engine with a pusher propeller. In the propeller artifact’s museum accession material, the engine is described as a Curtiss OXX-6 and noted to have been used about 1921. Therefore, it is likely that the propeller was also manufactured by Curtiss, which produced its own propellers beginning in 1916.