This object is not on display at the National Air and Space Museum. It is either on loan or in storage.
Restrictions & Rights
- Mat: 40.6 × 33cm (16 × 13 in.)
- Backing Paper: 39.4 × 21.1cm (15 1/2 × 8 5/16 in.)
- Print: 20.8 × 12.1cm (8 3/16 × 4 3/4 in.)
- Text: 8.1 × 16.8cm (3 3/16 × 6 5/8 in.)
See more items in
- Uncolored lithograph of the Royal Vauxhall Nassau Balloon ascending from the Montpellier Gardens in Cheltenham on July 3, 1837. The image shows the balloon ascending with a crowd watching from below. A text description of the event is included with the print. There appears to be more text on the other side, showing that this was probably cut from a book with a longer description of the ascension. Both the print and the text are adhered to a larger backing paper.
- 'Drawn & Printed by G. Rowe, Cheltenham, Published by H. Daries Montpellier Library.'