- Bird (Aircraft Co) Two Seater Touring Biplane
- Bird (Aircraft Co) Air Bus No.1 (1928)
National Air and Space Museum Archives
Bird Aircraft Co (San Diego, CA)
- National Air and Space Museum Archives Bird Aircraft Co (San Diego, CA) Document and Photograph Files
- The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum Directory of Airplanes: Their designers and Manufacturers.
- During the 1920s and 1930s, two separate and unrelated companies operated under the name Bird Aircraft. William W. Bird operated the first of these companies from San Diego, California, as the Bird Aircraft Co in 1926. This company's two designs are listed under Bird (Aircraft Co). The Brunner-Winkle Aircraft Co, established in New York in 1928, was renamed Bird Aircraft Corp in 1930. In 1933 all rights were sold to Perth Amboy Title Co and no further aircraft were produced. Listings for this second company appear as Bird (Aircraft Corp). In the 1960s, a third Bird company modified Consolidated PBY Catalinas in their California factory.
National Air and Space Museum, Archives Division, MRC 322, Washington, DC, 20560
- Collection descriptions