This object is on display in the James S. McDonnell Space Hangar at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, VA.
Collection Item Summary:
This desk stand commemorating the Gemini IV mission was given to Dr. Hugh L. Dryden, who served as Deputy Administrator of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration from 1958 until his death in December 1965. Gemini IV was the second human space mission in the Gemini program and flew from June 3-7, 1965. James A. McDivitt and Edward H. White II were the astronauts. Among the mission's milestones in the United States space program were the first long-duration spaceflight and the first extravehicular activity.
Dr. Dryden's widow, Mrs. Elizabeth Dryden, donated the desk stand along with other mementoes of Dr. Dryden, to the National Collection in 1974.
Collection Item Long Description:
- Overall: 2 in. diameter (5.08cm)
- Other (Base): 3 in. wide x 4 in. long (7.62 x 10.16cm)