This object is not on display at the National Air and Space Museum. It is either on loan or in storage.
Restrictions & Rights
- Mat: 45.7 × 35.6cm (18 × 14 in.)
- Unmatted: 37 × 27.9cm (14 9/16 in. × 11 in.)
See more items in
- Colored lithograph of a political cartoon. The cartoon shows two men in the gondola of a balloon that is still tied to the ground. Four men stand around the balloon. All of the men are in conversation, and each have speech bubbles with printed text.
- The print appears to be a satirical comment on the Upper Canada rebellion of 1837, aimed at protesting control of Upper Canada by an oligarchy. Charles Green, who had announced his desire to balloon across the Atlantic, is carrying an ambassador to the rebels in his basket.
- 'Pubd. by W. Soffe, 380. Strand, Feby. 15th 1838. W. Kohler, lith. 22 Denmark St. Soho.'