This object is not on display at the National Air and Space Museum. It is either on loan or in storage.
Restrictions & Rights
- 2-D - Unframed (H x W): 91.4 × 72.4cm (3 ft. × 2 ft. 4 1/2 in.)
- 2-D - In Frame (H x W x D): 99.8 × 85.1 × 5.1cm (3 ft. 3 5/16 in. × 2 ft. 9 1/2 in. × 2 in.)
See more items in
- Photographic Collage with Botanical background showing leaves, flowers, insects, butterflies, human faces, human body elements, and aircraft. Aircraft depicted include a P-40, Spitfire, and helicopter.
- This work depicts the metamorphosis of butterflies and incorporates images of aircraft represented in the NASM aircraft collection. The work is inspired by the 18th century botanical prints of Maria Sybilla Merian which are used as underlying imagery. Paul transforms the butterfly metamorphosis a step further and creates surrealist hybrid creatures. The collages are then photographed using unique lighting effects with light defrayed through glass and plastic containers.
- Photographic arcihval pigment print on hanemuhle photo rag.