This object is not on display at the National Air and Space Museum. It is either on loan or in storage.
See more items in
- Nine small aquatints of various ballooning scenes, all attached to same mat. 8 of the prints have a description in French below the image. The middle print has a French title incorporated into the scene.
- 1. Besnier
- 2. Charles and Robert, December 1, 1783, moving the balloon by tumbrel with torches
- 3. Perre Tustu-Brissy
- 4. Marquis de Bacquville
- 5. Inflating a hydrogen balloon
- 6. Death of Mme Blanchard, July 16, 1816
- 7. Peasants attacking the Charles globe, Gonesse, August 27, 1783
- 8. Death of de Rozier and Romain, 1785
- 9. Zambecari, 1812
Country of Origin
- Mat (H x W): 35.9 × 48.9cm (14 1/8 × 19 1/4 in.)
- One print, approx. (H x W): 7 × 7.6cm (2 3/4 in. × 3 in.)