This object is not on display at the National Air and Space Museum. It is either on loan or in storage.
Restrictions & Rights
See more items in
- Uncolored etching with eight scenes. Caption reads, "Poems by the Knight of Morar." The book was written by Sir William Augustus Fraser and published in 1867. Sources list George Cruikshank with the author.
- 'Designed & Etched by- George Cruikshank- September 27th 1870- 78 years of age.'
- Top left: Old man playing a harp at a grave.
- Middle left: Scottish man holding a knife giving a speech to men around him with smoke in the background.
- Bottom left: Soldier saluting beneath a British flag with men kneeling around him and ships in the background.
- Top middle: Crowd cheering as a man has just been beheaded via guillotine, with French flag waving above.
- Middle bottom: Man fallen to the ground watching a balloon flying away.
- Top right: Appears to be a biblical scene, with an old man speaking to a crowd and gesturing towards the eclipse happening in the sky.
- Middle right: Soldier leading an attack through a broken wall.
- Bottom right: Middle Eastern man handing a scimitar to a French soldier.