This object is not on display at the National Air and Space Museum. It is either on loan or in storage.
Collection Item Summary:
This is a stand for a model of unknown scale of the Bullpup, a U.S. Navy and U.S. Marine Corps air-to-ground missile. Developed by Martin, it had a range of 7 miles, a 250 lb. conventional warhead, and utilized radio guidance from the launch aircraft. The missile was first deployed in 1959 and was replaced by the Bullpup A in the early 1960s.
The stand's manufacturer is unknown. John and Cynthia Heyde donated the model and stand to the museum.