This object is not on display at the National Air and Space Museum. It is either on loan or in storage.
Restrictions & Rights
- Mat (H x W): 30.5 × 25.4cm (12 × 10 in.)
- Unmatted (H x W): 23 × 16.5cm (9 1/16 × 6 1/2 in.)
See more items in
- Colored etching of the Montgolfier balloon ascending in January 1784. A crowd and carriages observe from below. A banner labeled 'Le Flessele' is hanging from the balloon.
- Jacques de Flesselles (1721-1789) served as Intendant of Lyon for twenty years (1764-1784). Fascinated by technology, he was involved in tests of an experimental steam boat and sponsored the flight of Le Flesselle. He was shot and killed at the Hotel de Ville on July 14, 1789, while attempting to justify his years of service to the crown.
- 'Pag. 67. Dessine par le Cher. de Lorimier. Grave par N. De Launay.'