The Curtiss-Wright Corporation was formed in June 1929 by the merger of the Curtiss Aeroplane and Motor Company and the Wright Aeronautical Corporation. Curtiss-Wright operated in three main divisions: the Curtiss-Wright Airplane Division, which manufactured airframes until it closed down in 1951; the Wright Aeronautical Corporation, which produced aeronautical engines; and the Curtiss-Wright Propeller Division, which manufactured propellers.
Louis S. Casey, Gift, 2006
0.01 Cubic feet ((1 microfilm box))
No restrictions on access.
This collection consists of one reel of 35 mm microfilm of a book, entitled, "Airplane Billing," which belonged to Louis Kessler of the Curtiss Wright Corporation, Curtiss Aeroplane Division, Buffalo, New York. The information includes invoice data for Curtiss aircraft sold from January 1, 1931, until December 31, 1940, and includes the following types of information: customer name, type of aircraft, the price of the aircraft, the delivery date, invoice date, acceptance date, and the destination of the aircraft. This reel was copied from a microfilm copy provided by the donor, Louis Casey.
Curtiss-Wright Corporation Airplane Billing Microfilm, Accession number 2006-0043, National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian Institution.
National Air and Space Museum Archives